Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I Called You to Know me: God's Love - Day 2


It's funny how we grow up with certain values, but seem to forget about them when we hang out with people who don't share those values.

God chose me and appointed me to live a certain way that reflects I'm his child and I can do it as long as I stay connected to him.

But what I've learned is that I often pick up the habits of people or other interests I spend the most time with, even if those habits don't agree with the way God wants me to live.

I find myself trying to be godly around church people and live worldly around secular people. Unfortunately, I can't live out true godliness without staying connected with God, so I actually end up living like the rest of the world.

I need God's help in order to make a supernatural difference in the world. God is that difference.

God's message to his children: My chosen and appointed children, I am your sufficiency for godly living. You will never be able to live a fruit-filled life without me. I designed it like that as a way for us to spend time together and so you could receive the benefits of a fruit-bearing life that comes only through the relationship with me. I love you, dearly. Trust me. Will you take my hand?

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain; that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you" John 15:16.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law" Galatians 5:22.

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit; for without me ye can do nothing" John 15: 4, 6

"Do not be deceived: 'Bad company ruins good morals" 1 Corinthians 15:33



No comments:

Post a Comment