Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I Called You to Know Me: God's Love - Day 8

You can sometimes work you butt off to make sure your family is taken care of, or enjoy a certain amount of material blessing, and to live a better life. But as the years pass you will discover they had a greater relationship with the "stuff" and "trinkets," but not you.

While they appreciated everything I did and enjoyed my hard labor; many times they just wanted to spend time with me.

I always answered that I was working so hard for them and it was a good excuse in the beginning. But I started to notice they became immune to that answer. One child said "Nope, you're not doing it for me; you're doing for you."

I'm old now and all that work I did for 'them" left me an outsider in my own family. I wanted to be angry and have an attitude, but I realized I became consumed with working and doing in exchange for the minimal time I spent in my relationship with my love ones.

Working and doing has its place, but it will NEVER trump the intimacy of relationship with the ones you love. And one day... the need for that intimate position in your love one's heart will REALLY matter!!

God's message to His Children: I appreciate all that you do, but often it is in competition with our relationship. Whenever I call you to do something, it is a byproduct of our intimate relationship. The calling on your life will always flow from the relationship. It will always be empowered from the relationship. It will be anointed from the relationship. It will have social impact from the relationship. It will have eternal significance from the relationship. Do not be fooled by all things people are doing and saying in Jesus' Name or Mine. Most activities are coming from man's own efforts no matter how big or magnificent they appear. The spirit of busyness and doing is attacking, blinding, and overpowering the ability of my children to have a relationship with me through my Son, Jesus Christ. Remove yourself from going in this direction or living in this realm. Return to the simplicity of our relationship and trust me to make your life great through the love I have for you. I love you and I really want to know you.

22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many deeds of power in your name?’ 23 Then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; go away from me, you evildoers.’ Matthew 7:22-23

And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. John 17:3

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God— not the result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of any works of righteousness that we had done, but according to his mercy, through the water of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.Titus 3:4-5



No comments:

Post a Comment