Thursday, May 22, 2014

I Called You to Know me: God's Love - Day 4

I used to blame my mother for playing favors with my sister. My sister got new dresses, hugs, phone calls, visits, shoes, and other things. My mother, of course, denied she favored my sister over me and I didn't believe her until I listened to my phone messages one day.

My mother had invited me to go shopping, asked could she come visit, said she had a gift for me whenever I came by, and she even said she missed me. Over the months her mother's phone calls became fewer, even though she kept calling.

All this time I wanted my mother to show me favor, when I had not responded to the favor and love she tried to offer me.

What made my sister appear to be closer to my mother than I was; is that she responded to the love that was being offered to her.

I had the same opportunity, but I wanted my mother's favor just because she was my mother and she was "supposed" to give me favor whether I responded or not.

That's not the way it works with people and that's not the way it works with God.

God's Love will always favor you and increase your blessings when you lovingly respond (with your God-given Faith).

"The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. so Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast. Then the Lord said to Cain, "Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it." Genesis 4:4b-7

"This is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us (reached out to..) and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins" 1 John 4:10

"I love those who love me (respond to the love), and those who seek me find me." Proverbs 8:17
 
"They who have my commandments and keep (respond to) them are those who love me; and those who love me will be loved by my Father, and I will love them and reveal myself to them.” John 14:21-22

"However, as it is written: No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those WHO LOVE HIM ..." 1 Corinthians 2:9


No comments:

Post a Comment