Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I Called You to Know Me: God's Love - Day 3

I often think about how many times I've been too busy with life to spend time with God. But even worst, is being too busy doing ministry, to spend time with the God of Ministry.

I was on this path called the busyness of "doing" that I lost sight of the importance of "being" and even more important "being in a intimate relationship with God."

My busy life and busy ministry never provided me with or led me to intimacy with God. When did I start believing that my busyness would explain or reflect or give some kind of credence to my relationship with God?

No matter how much good I was "doing" for others, for myself, or for my family each activity was taking me further and further from my relationship with God.

I have followed the way of doing and busyness in exchange for knowing and having an intimate relationship with God. John 17:3 says, "Now THIS is eternal life, that they may KNOW you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Can I have eternal life and not know God? There is a difference between "knowing" and "knowing about." Its the same difference as knowledge about something and experience about something.

God's message to his children: "Dear Children, doing services and activities for the kingdom and the glory of God is wonderful, but the first call on your life is to know me personally. My primary call is not for you to do something for me, but it is fellowship and devotion. Did you know that all you do for ministry will be useless and non-effective unless it flows out of your relationship with me? That's why people are burntout, weary, and unfulfilled because they are trying to do more ministry activities without covering it first through spiritual nourishment and growth from my indwelling Holy Spirit. I want to spend time with you. I want to freely give you my heart and I would like it if you would give me your heart. Will you come with me to a quiet place, so we can renew our relationship?

"These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men" (Matthew 15:8-9).

"Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son" 2 John 9

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30).

"Come near to God and he will come near to you." James 4:8a


"But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds" Psalm 73:28


No comments:

Post a Comment