Friday, May 23, 2014

I Called You to Know me; God's Love - Day 5

When I got married, I could have swore I was Cinderella and I was going to live happily ever after. I didn't hear the part of the vows that said we would be together "for better ....or for WORST."

Don't get me wrong "Worst" doesn't mean you aren't happy with each other, but it means you go through things together you didn't imagine in your happily-ever-after scenario.

Married couples' hard times don't always include infidelity like the media makes you believe. It can include the death of a child, a sudden disability of one of the spouses, months of unemployment, foreclosure on a beloved home, a long-term sick child or one of the spouses, mental illness, or a host of other things.

When difficulty, challenges, pain, or sufferings happen couples often discover what's truly in their own hearts and will either remember the vows they made on that wedding day or abort them.

If the commitment between the couple was authentic and the love real; they will get through it together. Its the same with God.

God's commitment to us is authentic and his covenant love has been demonstrated through Christ's atoning death for each of us.

God's message to his children: I love you and I am fully committed to you my child. I promise to go through every situation with you and promise you an outcome that works every thing that happens together for your good because you love me (respond to my love for you). I knew you would have trouble in a fallen world; that would cause you pain and heartache, but I am with you every step of the way. Trouble will not defeat you! Many have asked me about their troubles, "What good could come out of this?' If you trust me through your trials and tribulations I will open up a new way for good to come forth from you pain and heartache. If I have to, just because I promised you an outcome of good, I will create another miracle just for you. I will heal the pain. I will provide the comfort. I will move heaven and hell for your victorious outcome. Nothing is impossible for me and not one of my promises have ever failed. Will you trust me? I won't let you down.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

"I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: has he said, and shall He not do it? or has he spoken, and shall he not make it good." Numbers 23:19

"There has not failed ONE WORD of all his good promises." 1 Kings 8;56

"Have faith in God,' Jesus answered." Mark 11:22



No comments:

Post a Comment