Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pearl of Wisdom: ENVY

I will eat you up on the inside and cause a part of your innermost heart to rot away. I will make your eyes green and fill you with resentment. If I linger long enough with you, I will make you feel hate for him or her. I will cause disorder and every evil practice to come forth from your life. Who am I? ENVY.  Sometimes what you envy is not at all what you thought or imagined it was and the time and emotion you’ve invested in envy will all be for nothing. Having experienced this emotion myself, the person I was envying - in fact - was envying me. From this I learned, it is best to admire what other people possess, but don’t envy them. Why? Because envy causes untold suffering and is an useless emotion for all involved. On the other hand, admiration opens the door to opportunities for “iron to sharpen iron” - making it easier to lovingly and respectfully live together (Proverbs 27:17).
Pensacola Helene

No comments:

Post a Comment